Staying in Control
At Crayford Greyhound Track we are committed to ensuring that our customers gain maximum enjoyment from their betting and seek to promote responsible attitudes to betting at the track.
Any person under the age of 18 years is not permitted to bet in the Stadium. The great majority of people who bet enjoy the experience without any problems, but a small number lose control of what they are doing. For these players, gambling ceases to be fun and can come to dominate their lives. We fully support GamCare in dealing with the social impact of gambling. Betting is an exciting way of taking a risk as long as the risk is kept under control.
Your gambling provides you with fun and entertainment. You know how much money you have to spend and bet within your means. Gambling is only one of your interests, you have time for other interests, family and friends. You don't gamble to solve your financial problems, or as an escape from your personal problems. The key is to bet responsibly, not recklessly.
If you think you might have a gambling problem, then consider the following:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or to solve financial difficulties?
- After losing, are your reasons for continuing to bet to win back your losses?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditure?
- Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
If you generally answer "yes" to these questions. and want to talk to someone about problem gambling, GamCare can give you practical help and advice.
GamCare are a registered charity that offers their services across the range of gambling choices and opportunities available in the UK.
They are committed to promoting a responsible attitude to gambling and providing proper care and support to those who are affected by gambling addiction.
GamCare provide information, advice and counselling services to individuals, their family and friends who have concerns about problem gambling.
If you think that you, or someone you know, might have a gambling problem, then GamCare can help.
If you require advice, information, or practical help, then you can call the lo-call GamCare national helpline on...
0808 8020 133 or visit www.gamcare.org.uk